OperaUpClose is committed to protecting your personal information. It’s your information, it’s personal, and we respect that. We also want to maintain the trust and confidence of every one of our audience members and supporters, as well as each visitor to the OperaUpClose website.
Aside from helping us deliver truly exceptional performances and events, the information you share with us means you’ll receive a more personalised and rewarding experience. For example, information about performances at theatres and festivals near you, and future work that may interest you.
Who we are and how you can get in touch with us
Up Close Productions London (‘OperaUpClose’) is a charitable company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales (Company Number 8613929) Charity Registered (Number 1153307). OperaUpClose is the data controller of your personal information.
If you have any questions regarding your information or its use, please contact our team by email email@example.com, phone +44 (0)203 176 7823, or post:
221 The Pill Box
115 Coventry Road
What data we collect and why
We may collect and store a variety of information from you when you decided to interact with us online or in person. This may include when you sign up to receive emails from us, when you make a donation to OperaUpClose through our Supporters scheme (or on an external website like Crowdfunder.com or Kickstarter.com), when you purchase something via our online shop (like a libretto), you book for an event or workshop, or when you provide us with feedback.
Further details on when we might collect your personal information:
- When you subscribe to our mailing list on www.operaupclose.com
- When you contact us by phone, for example to join our Supporters scheme, or book for an event or workshop
- When you contact us by post, for example to join our Supporters scheme, or book for an event or workshop
- When you interact with us on social media, for example by sending us feedback or asking questions
- When you visit www.operaupclose.com our web server automatically records and analyses your public internet protocol ('IP') address and also generates a log file. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website and monitor use of the website
- From time to time, we may also get data about you from third parties. For example, if you purchase tickets to one of our performances at a theatre or festival, and agree to hearing from third parties, we will receive your personal information
The Types of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose not to give us certain information, but this may limit the level of personalisation we offer. For example, you may not get to hear about an event you would have loved to have attended.
The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you sign up to our mailing list, make a donation to our Supporters scheme, purchase something via our online shop or get in touch with us to book for an event or workshop via our website, post or phone, we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting.
We may collect:
- Prefix and name
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact phone number(s)
- Payment card details. Please note, we will not hold payment information for any longer than it takes to process your transaction.
- Delivery address(es)
- Billing address
If you are a student we may also collect:
- Name of college/university
- Area of college/university
- Course name
- Course faculty
- Course level
- Course end date
When visiting our website, we may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
Information we obtain independently from you:
Third Party Organisations
We may combine information you have given to us with this additional information available from external sources. This will only be done when you give permission to the relevant third party organisations to share the data they hold on you, or if the data is already publicly available.
From time to time we may screen our database against recognised data hygiene files such as the National Change of Address file and cleanse our file or correct inaccurate data. We may also update inaccurate data if the information is available.
The information we can access on our social media accounts, including services like Facebook or Twitter, depends on your personal settings or their respective privacy policies.
Information available publicly
We may include information found in places such as Companies House and information that has been published in articles/ newspapers.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information and How We Use It
The information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways. Predominantly to: provide a service you have requested, offer you a personalised experience and better understand your needs, inform you of events or updates you’ve asked for or contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information (e.g. cast changes).
Specifically, we use your information we collect in the following ways:
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- To fulfil event, workshop, donation and membership requests or to provide important information about service
- To process payments. Please note that OperaUpClose does not store any Credit Card or other payment information once the transaction has been completed
- To provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration
Where we have your consent:
- Send you updates via email about what’s on, offers and news or about supporting us
- Use your feedback in applications for external funding or evaluation reports
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest) to:
- Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you
- Help us target our marketing communications and adverts so that they’re more relevant to you
- Use your pseudonymised details to show you advertising on Social Media platforms like Facebook and Instagram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. The information shared with these platforms is pseudonymised to protect your personal data
- Measure and understand how our audiences respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective
- Undertake consumer research: we may contact you to ask you to participate in consumer research either via an online or telephone survey or in person. You are under no obligation to participate in research and, should you provide any further information, OperaUpClose will inform you how any further information will be used
- Analyse and continually improve the services we offer including: our artistic output, our website and our other products
For a small number of audience members, where we want to better understand people’s engagement with OperaUpClose and their potential interest in supporting us further:
Before contacting a small number of individuals we may seek additional information including OperaUpClose productions attended, business network information and publicly available information relating to: residential location, wealth and assets, family*, career, donations to other organisations (including political parties where they are made public by the individual) and hobbies and interests to create a profile of their interests and preferences. This helps us understand the background of the people who may choose to support us and helps us to make requests for gifts to those who may be able and willing to give. We may also use publicly sourced images to help identify individuals who attend our special events.
* This does not include information about children unless given personally or made explicitly public by the individual concerned.
We use a number of different public sources to aid us in our fundraising activities, including newspaper websites and archives, housing market websites and the electoral roll as well as official websites of companies, charities and other arts organisations.
How We Handle Your Information and Other Organisations
OperaUpClose will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf – payment processing is a good example of this. We make sure anyone who provides a service for OperaUpClose enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We may share your details with:
- Service providers who work on behalf of OperaUpClose for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example payment processing, printers and mailing houses, marketing agencies, database services, website hosting or email delivery services
- Other organisations such as competition organisers if you choose to take part in activities that require administration by third parties and you choose to opt in for contact from those organisations
- Third party data services, for example Audience Agency, who help us to segment and understand our audience by providing additional information so that we can send the most relevant and targeted communications possible
- Where required to do so, or when requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities
OperaUpClose is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from www.operaupclose.com and recommends that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Manager if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
How We Protect Your Data
OperaUpClose is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use, for instance, your online account is encrypted, and our own network is protected.
As part of the services offered to you through OperaUpClose’s website, the personal information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen if any of the computer servers used to host the website are located in a country outside of the EEA. If OperaUpClose transfers your personal information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this privacy notice.
OperaUpClose may transfer your data to the USA to organisations such as Facebook, Google or MailChimp. The USA has weaker data protection laws than those of the EEA and therefore we will ensure that only organisations who are a part of the EU privacy shield initiative will handle your personal information. More details on this certification can be found at www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not keep more information than we need. The retention period will vary according to the purpose, for example if joining our Supporters scheme, we will typically keep your data for up to seven years from the date of your last transaction.
If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
If you are on our mailing list, or a Supporter and need to update you name, email or other details simply email the change needed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the button labelled ‘Update Your Preferences’, which can be found at the bottom of our newsletters.
Or, if you prefer, you can contact us by phoning, or writing using our contact details below. Every email we send to you will include details on how to unsubscribe from future communications.
If you would like to see what information we hold about you, you can also request full details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting the Data Controller. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to email@example.com
At any time, you have the right to ask OperaUpClose to amend or stop how we use your personal information, including for marketing purposes. You can do this by phoning, emailing or writing using our contact details below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +44 (0)20 3176 7823
By post: OperaUpClose, 221 The Pill Box, 115 Coventry Road, London E2 6GG
This notice was updated on 1 May 2018. It may be updated to take into account changes at OperaUpClose or, for example, to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.
Updates to this policy will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you of any changes where we hold an appropriate email address for you.
Further information on data protection regulations and laws can be found here:
Data Protection: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public
Policy updated on 1 May 2018.